Patient and Family Advisory Council
Norwood Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is the voice of patients and family members in the community who are interested in coming together to provide our health care team with constructive advice and feedback to improve our patients’ experiences. They are dedicated to recognizing community needs and helping to develop new services that best meet the expectations of patients and their families.
What is a PFAC?
Who participates in a PFAC?
What are the benefits of a PFAC to patients, families and hospitals?
- Increased awareness and understanding of the health care system
- Advocacy for family, friends and the organization
- Active participation in their own helth care and self-management
- Transformation of the hospital culture toward patient-family centered care
- Improved patient and family satisfaction